Monday, October 19, 2009

Two weeks to the big day in the big apple

That's what my dad said to me, yesterday. My response? A groan. Not that I'm not looking forward to the marathon but I am slightly worried. Worried that I didn't train well enough and stressed b/c my running ambition is currently on hold b/c of a cold. Bagh....

However, throughout these days of mixed emotions, nightly nightmares about the marathon (including, but not limited to forgetting to pack my running gear, getting the dates confused, running a marathon the day before the marathon and then realizing that's not good training, and the list goes on) I have been surrounded by encouragement-from the stranger I sat next to at a birthday party who had done a marathon a few years ago and reassured me I could do it, to an old highschool teacher and marathon veteran who told my parents I'd do fine.

I am thankful for these instances and must have faith as I go through these last few weeks. All I can do is continue putting one foot infront of the other and hope for no more marathon nightmares.

No comments:

Post a Comment